View Full Version : Gl2 Lanc

Galen Garretson
October 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I have a Canon GL2 and have been using the ZR-1000 Zoom Remote Controller hooked into the LANC port on the camera. Today for some reason it stopped working. Actually did not even work at all.

I do not know anyone in the small community that I live in that has a GL2 nor do I know anyone that uses a ZR-1000.

Is there anyway that I can check this myself to determine if it is the LANC port or the ZR-1000??

I am hoping it is the controller rather than the port. I use it with almost everything I do and can just purchase another ZR-1000, but hate to think about trying to have the port fixed on the camera.

Thanks for your help.

Chris Hurd
October 30th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I do not know anyone in the small community that I live in that has a GL2...Oh, yes you do. Or let's say, you're about to meet them. Run, don't walk, down 6th Street to Zotz Digital, one of our trusted site sponsors here at DV Info Net. Be sure to say hi to Brian, Jason and Tom for me. They'll help you to work out where the problem is and find a solution for it. Their contact info is located at http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/#ztz

Boy do I miss getting dinner at Matsukaze there in Grants Pass...

Galen Garretson
October 30th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Chris..Thanks. I am new to this area and didn't know about Zotz. Gave them a call and said Hi for you. Taking it in this afternoon to see what they can find out. Thanks again.

Chris Hurd
October 31st, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hi Galen, you're really going to like living in that town... it's a great slice of Oregon and I always enjoy going there, what a beautiful place. Be sure to try the lunch specials at Angela's and coffee from the drive-up window of any Dutch Bros. stand (my favorite is the one in that area over there by Angela's).