View Full Version : Capture failure??

Jim Benton
November 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Well, in both FCP and imovie it indicates that there is communication with my recorder deck, but when I go to capture there's nothing there in the capture viewers. i've also lost the ability to hear any audio in what I've already captured in FC. Is it possible that there could be a malfunction of a firewire even though it is allowing the computer to recognize my deck? Also the firewire connection on the back of my sony deck seems rather flimsy, not really locking in in any way; although it's worked rather well until now what little time i've used it. Perhaps I should try another firewire and then go from there. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything. Thanks

Alex Sprinkle
November 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
i've also lost the ability to hear any audio in what I've already captured in FC.

I don't know about the first problem, but make sure your camera isn't still connected to the computer if you're trying to get audio. The default setting, I believe, is to play audio back through the camera. Try disconnecting the camera, then see if the audio works.