View Full Version : HOW to remove circles under eyes in FCP

Mike Flight
January 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I am editing a music video and the artist wants the dark circles under her eyes to be removed. The make up artist didn't do a good job I guess. I was wondering how that could be done in FCP?

I'm guessing I need to create a mask below her eye, and put diffusion and slight brightening on it. But there are a bunch of shots throughout the video, and I would have to keyframe it the whole way which would take forever. Just wanted to see if anyone had any other shortcuts or suggestions!

Thanks for your thoughts!
-Mike Flight
www.directormikeflight.com

Neil Rostance
January 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Masking would be a good but long winded way, or go down a colour correcting route, de-saturate the footage and bring up the contrast, then you won't see as many tones? But that's a little extreme i suppose.

I've seen really useful skin-tone filters for photoshop, and i'm sure i've seen some hanging around for FCP. I'll have a think.

Mike Flight
January 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Yea, skin tone filters might be a good solution. Thanks for your thoughts and please let me know if you know of any that might work, because I'm not knowledgable in that area.

Thanks!
-Mike

Theodore McNeil
January 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
try the Electronic Makeup Artist filter...

http://straylight.tv/pluginz/

Mike Flight
January 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Wow those demos look good on that link, I'm going to download it and try it. Thanks for the advice! I'll let you know if it does the trick!