View Full Version : Exporting a complex HD FCP Sequence via Compressor - Stops with 0:00:00 remaining

Brandon Paschal
January 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
All,

I'm hopeful someone might be able to help me with an exporting issue. I'm working on an FCP HD project (1080i 24p) with Motion templates used within
FCP that I am trying to export for DVD. For what it's worth, it contains multiple chapter markers on the timeline as well.

On all of the sequences, I can export via compressor with no issue (for SD DVD output, 5.0 Mbps, 1-pass). However, on only one of the sequences, anytime I export the sequence, compressor successfully goes through the entire 45 min sequence but ends up with 0:00:00 remaining and doesn't successfully complete.

I finally got this sequence to export to a QT movie (previously the FCP QT export would stop stating "The effect 'MotionPatch' failed to render: Motion project failed to render"), and I figured I could export for DVD with compressor.

Anyone have anything that I might be able to try to get this sequence exported for DVD?

Thanks,

--Brandon

William Hohauser
January 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Drag the exported QT sequence into Compressor and try it. No need to launch FCP if you have successfully exported the sequence, but you should check it first by importing the file back into FCP and review the part that might have been generating the error you described.