View Full Version : How'd they do that?!

Jessica Gourdine
January 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know the effects used to create the Gatorade "Every Game Needs a Hero" commercial? This is my favorite commercial at the moment.

http://www.wetubeforsports.com/embed.php?video=1733></iframe>

Robert Lane
January 10th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Heavy, heavy compositing in something similar to After Effects; this spot was most likely created in an Avid or XPRI system.

Dave Morgan
January 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
windows movie maker, mixed with a little touch of micosoft paint

Theodore McNeil
January 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah this commercial was tons of compositing work. However, you could do a poor man's version of this with photoshop, after effects and/or motion. Would take forever to render, but you could do it.

windows movie maker, mixed with a little touch of microsoft paint

LOL. Three years ago, I ran into a client I hadn't heard from in awhile. He said he hadn't called because he didn't need me any more. Real politely, he told me he recently upgraded to an XP PC and it had the equivalent of my FCP software built into it. And it was free! He was a bit worried for me, because once people found out about this - a lot of editors were going to be out of work.

The free software was, of course, Windows Movie Maker.

Long story short, about a month later he called me with some more work. I didn't say a word.

Loren Simons
January 11th, 2008, 12:36 AM
hahahaha oh how i love the ignorance of those Microsoft fans. it makes me giggle inside, just a lil =D