View Full Version : XM1 (GL1) glitches?? (See images)

Andy Harding
January 14th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Any one any idea whats causing this the light condition were pretty poor and camera was set to auto, see attached stills.
Did not know until I got to the edit :-( As the camea was left runnin gon it's own while I manned another.

Next tape out was fine? It also effected the audio?

Bradley D Barber
January 14th, 2008, 01:27 PM
There are a couple of possible problems.

1. There could be a chip connection problem. I have experienced similar "bits" before and service verfied that the ribbon connection was faulty. The missing image sections were not consistent in space as your are not as well.

2. It is possible that the chip is not reading and failing on the power side. Maybe someone else will know more about this as a search in this forum showed nothing. I have heard that this happens but have not seen screen shots of what it looks like.

Hope this helps.

Andy Harding
January 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Cheers for the info I'll have to run some test then decide to get it serviced funny how the next two tapes out of it were fine??

Bradley D Barber
January 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
That is signifigant information. If the next two tapes came out with no problems and the cameras use was similar then it could have been a tape quality issue! There is a chance that the tape was old or had been improperly manufactured!

My approach would be to test on a new tape in all sorts of conditions, excess movment, poor light, etc and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Andy Harding
January 15th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Once again thanksfor the info :)