February 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM
This music video was shot entirely on the Sanyo HD1000

http://homepage.mac.com/jakojako/NOUSH/iMovieTheater160.html

have a look.

this little camera is awesome.

AG

David Tufino
February 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM
damn, that's awesome... check out this video i made today, not as good as the music Video! But with the HD1000

http://www.vimeo.com/682703

Kristian Kettner
March 17th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Man that looks nice !
Great pictures, but again even greater composing, editing and filmning.

hmm maby I should get one HD 1000, so I could have a HD camera withe me every where...

Again what did you edit in ?

Frank Genus
March 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Andrea,

Is this music video your work or is it something you found on the internet? If it's your's I would love to know some more details about both the shoot (what settings you used on the camera... ISO, Apature, Shutter) and the post work done (like Azamat said... what editor did you use, what special effects, filters, etc.).

EDIT: Andrea, I watched the video again tonight (I now see that you directed it). How did you achieve such great DOF with the HD1000? Did you use a 35mm adapter?

- Frank.

Andrea Giacomini
March 19th, 2008, 09:49 PM
To answer it all:
I did the video, shot it, edit it, myself.
Was shot using an M2 Redrock adapter and Nikon Lenses.
Edit with final cut.
For the filters, mostly final cut filters and Magic Bullet Editor plug ins for little color correction.

The HD1000 its a little awsome camera, yes! you should get it.

Hope this will answer all the questions..

thx for watching

A

Frank Genus
March 20th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Was shot using an M2 Redrock adapter and Nikon Lenses.

If you have any, I would love to see some pictures of that tiny Sanyo setup up with the Redrock/Nikon... that must be an interesting sight :)

Rob Weaver
March 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Andrea, that was beautifully done. I'd like to know in which program you did the multiple screen effects?

Frank Genus
March 22nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
I believe he said he use Final Cut Pro to do the editing.

Rob Weaver
March 22nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Yes, I saw that - but never having used Final Cut Pro I do not know whether you can do complex multi-screens in that program or whether you need to use some kind of plug-in. Do you know?

Jim Cancil
March 24th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Impressive ... tell the keyboards person: props for the restraint. Nicely done. All the best.

j i m

Buba Kastorski
March 29th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Awesome work!

Buba Kastorski
March 31st, 2008, 09:11 AM
Yes, I saw that - but never having used Final Cut Pro I do not know whether you can do complex multi-screens in that program or whether you need to use some kind of plug-in. Do you know?

You don't need any plugins,
any NLE can do that, FCP, Adobe , Vegas, but the cuts and color correction are fantastic!

Rob Weaver
April 1st, 2008, 06:06 AM
Thanks. Guess I'll have to upgrade from iMovie.

Michael Botkin
April 2nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Can you give more details on the Nikon mount? Do you need anything else but this http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.472981/it.A/id.163/.f?sc=2&category=7 or is that the wrong product?

Thanks,

Lorinda Norton
April 3rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
Bravo! This is one of the best (and most interesting) music videos I’ve ever seen—regardless of camera choice. In watching it again I can’t believe the complexity of it. How much time did this take?

You’ve proven that the right combination of vision and skill is what makes great video. Thanks so much for sharing, Andrea.

Andrea Giacomini
April 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Lorinda, Video was shot in 3 days, one week to edit.
Thanks for liking it.

For the camera rig, well its an M2 redrock adapter with Nikon lenses, like I said before.
You can find all about the M2 on their website.

http://www.redrockmicro.com

Thx
A

Michael Botkin
April 5th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the link, but I had looked on their website before and am still unsure of what you were using? Were you using the full M2 package for $2000 and then nikon lenses or just the small adapter that is $90 for Nikon lenses? Sorry if I'm being an idiot here. My assumption was a adapter that screws on the front of the HD1000 and then you screw Nikon 35mm lenses onto that. If you were using a full M2 package at $2000 then I'm definitely not interested.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Botkin
April 7th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I've got it all figured out now, someone over at Steve's Digicams explained it all to me. Thanks.

Andrea Giacomini
April 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Yep, sorry..
you need the M2 redrock package, not just the lens adapter..

A

Frank Genus
April 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I've got it all figured out now, someone over at Steve's Digicams explained it all to me. Thanks.
Hi Michael,

That "someone" was me ;)

- Frank (Ugly).

Michael Botkin
April 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks Frank and Andrea, the info really helps. That really is one of the best music videos I've seen in a while, excellent shots and post.

Steve Mullen
May 25th, 2008, 03:22 AM
WONDERFUL!

The skin tone of her face was perfect.

Did you get that color by using FCP CC? By using Color? Or plug-ins?

How far was the original from that color tone?

Shot in 1920x1080i50 or 720p50 or 720p25?

How did you get clips into FCP?

Jamal M. Johnson
June 6th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Whats good!

Your work is very tight! Your colors look so film noir (dark moody). It's kinda like my music video style. Your performance scene were outstanding and your b-roll is very classy!

Look forward to seeing more work from you in the future!

Jamal "Jag" Johnson
Http://www.MusicVideoTrainingCenter.com