View Full Version : PDZ-1 on Vista?

Paul Gale
March 16th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Has anyone tried PDZ-1 extensively on Vista yet?

My Axio LE system has just had beta drivers released for Vista and I installed a Vista multi boot system to try it out. I installed PDz-1 and VX-10 but got very odd results when trying to read DVCAM XDCAM discs - the folder structure was showing very differently to normal and the full res clips wouldn't play directly from Disc - a filters error as seen when trying to play full res files in the old proxy viewer app.

Anyone seen this?

Mitchell Skurnik
March 16th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah it does not work on my laptop. I just open it in VLC and they play fine.

Paul Gale
March 16th, 2008, 03:05 PM
How does it fail on your laptop?

The latest version is supposedly Vista compatible - need to log a problem if it's not...

Mitchell Skurnik
March 16th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I can browse the disc just fine but I cant play back full res clips. Proxy data works.

Greg Boston
March 16th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Make sure you have the most recent version. It's the first version to have a Vista compatible Prodisc driver file.

I honestly haven't tried a DVCAM disc yet on the Vista machine.

-gb-

Mitchell Skurnik
March 17th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I was having issues with MPEG HD files not dvcam...

Bob Armstrong
August 25th, 2008, 12:39 PM
For better or worse, I'm curretly running Vista, and PDZ-1 essentially doesn't work. I can browse, but when it comes to actually doing anything full res, I get a message: This function is necessary to run PDZ-1 as Administrator.

I've got the latest software (2.40) and prodisc.

Anyone find a way to get around this?

Greg Boston
August 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
For better or worse, I'm curretly running Vista, and PDZ-1 essentially doesn't work. I can browse, but when it comes to actually doing anything full res, I get a message: This function is necessary to run PDZ-1 as Administrator.

I've got the latest software (2.40) and prodisc.

Anyone find a way to get around this?

I haven't had that problem. But then again, the proxy browser works with proxies only, not full resolution material, except for selecting portions and doing Partial FAM copy. It works on my Vista machine.

-gb-

Paul Gale
August 26th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I think I've run it OK on Vista since my original post - there have been a couple (i think) of new versions since then. My main use is on XP though. I'll move it over to Vista and have another go...