View Full Version : Subscription to a nature video magazine...?

Helen Habib
March 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I hope my question isn't repetitive because I've searched this forum and only found one result for "wildlife magazine" and the discussions were on all types of video topics.

Is there a magazine out there (not online) similar to Videomaker and the others (I used to subscribe to Videomaker for several years) but are specifically for the Wildlife & Nature Videographer? I can only find Photography magazines on the subject.

Helen Habib
April 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'll take the absence of responses, as a "No". :-))

John M. McCloskey
April 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Good idea and there are companies out there who sponsor and advertise a bunch of still photo nature publications and also allot of still camera companies who market to the outdoor still photographer. I am amazed that video camera manufacturer companies like Sony and Canon have not marketed there prosumer or there professional line of products to wildlife or nature videographers. The "green" movement is huge now along with conservation of wildlife and its all being documented with still and Video cameras. But no specific magazine for it, Wow.

Annie Haycock
April 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Don't know what it's like on the other side of the pond, but here in the UK we are down to one video-making magazine these days. Not much hope for anything specific to wildlife!

Helen Habib
April 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I believe the 'other side of the pond' may be this very DV Info community, it's the most helpful forum I've ever seen, and with its own nature and wildlife section! But it would be nice to have it all in print...glossy photos...coming to my mailbox... :^)

Annie Haycock
April 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
There is an equivalent digital video forum in the UK run by a magazine that is now defunct - it gets very few posts these days. And somebody did start up a specific wildlife video forum a few months ago, but already it has disappeared off the internet.

Since I discovered this forum, I've hardly needed to look at a printed magazine, except when I was away from home and wanted to check the address of a particular video shop.

This is much better than a glossy magazine through the mail box.

Helen Habib
April 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I agree with you about the usefulness of this forum - it's fantastic.