View Full Version : Why are most internet screenings..

Jim Cancil
March 24th, 2008, 04:20 PM
..so small? I just saw Andrea's music video (a must see) and then David's walk in NYC.. David's was larger.

Does the host control the size? If I self host, can I make it 1280 x whatever?

j i m

Duane Steiner
March 25th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Yes the host determines the size and it all depends upon how it is rendered and set up on the web page. Vimeo seems to be the best right now for HD quality videos. If you do it yourself you can make the Flash video any size you want. But the file does get big fast and you need to increase the bit rate the bigger the size. For my site I have found that for Flash a size of 800x450 @ 1000kbps works well. But you need to have a hosting account that can handle it. See my site for examples www.speedandmotion.com

Jim Cancil
March 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Duane: Thanks for that. I run a few sites, so I'll see what I can load. Have to get the HD cam first.

I sure do like the music on that first video of yours. It's a ha-ha that the CHP had to put up a seawall to keep your guys in third gear. I guess they figure it's better than running behind you when you're in 5th! ...and notice how those Italian guys -just have to- make more music ..show offs!

Cheers.

Jim