View Full Version : HDV codec in demo version of Edius Pro?

Eric Lagerlof
May 12th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I got the demo version of Edius Pro up & running, and while I'm seeing DV and DVC Pro HD options, I'm not seeing Generic HDV options anywhere. Does the demo version have HDV settings included, especially for device drivers? I'm not seeing anything in the dropdowns, just a 1080, 29.97 reference in the initial project icon setting thingy. Am I doing something wrong?

I'll try the Edius forums as well, but I seem to be registered without being activated-still.

Devin Termini
May 13th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I edited some 720p30 HDV material on the Edius demo software. Worked pretty well too. The setting have got to be in there. I don't recall off hand where they are (and I've also uninstalled the software).

Paul Newman
May 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM
In the start menu you can select " new preset" and select everything from SD 60i to DVCProHD or anything in between - the demo version is the full version without restrictions - except it only runs for 30 days.

Or when editing you can select "project settings" and change the format of your project to whatever flavour you desire - SD, HD 50i 60i 25P blah blah.

You can of course place any format you desire directly on the timeline, regardless of the project settings.

Paul

Eric Lagerlof
May 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys. I can get the HDV preset in the starter dialogue box, just no 'Generic HDV' in the capture input settings. I've been told that it may be from having low video ram; I've got an intel gma 945gm onboard graphics chip, 64 mbs. I knew it was underpowered, but I was hoping against hope.