View Full Version : Rotating Footage

Loren Simons
May 14th, 2008, 01:13 PM
When i log and capture from my camera i never used to have to render, but now that i have to flip my image via FCP becuase im on a redrock, i have to render EVERY little change, does anyone have any solution to this? Or am i stuck like this until i buy a flip module?

Robert Lane
May 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately you've stumbled upon one of the major drawbacks to having the flip the image in post; you're electronically telling FCP that the orientation has changed from it's default pixel positioning, so you're forcing it to render that change. There's no way around that in this scenario.

I don't want to rock the boat on your hardware setup, but if you're considering buying the flip module, instead consider the Letus Extreme. It has proven itself time and again from various shooters to be the best built unit with the highest image quality of all the 1/3" lens adapters.

Andrew Waite
May 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I disagree, I think it really depends on what camera you have and what you will be shooting. For me the Brevis is the best unit out there. I shoot with a couple of Canon A1s and the Brevis Flip actually FIXES some of the problems the camera has, including purple fringing/CA and the Letus does not.

Jim Miller
May 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Andrew. That is VERY interesting. I'm considering buying an adapter but trying to decide which one. Have you actually tested this?

"the Brevis Flip actually FIXES some of the problems the camera has, including purple fringing/CA and the Letus does not."

How can one adapter fix CA and another one not.
It this is really a fact then the Brevis is for me!

Andrew Waite
May 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I am saying. See for yourself @ http://www.cinevate.com/website/index.php/videouniversity just watch the video entitled "XH-A1 Chromatic Aberration and Lens Testing. It's cleaner with the flip!" it will blow your mind!

Steve Oakley
May 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM
you should not need to render, it should be RT in FCP. it is for me. what hardware do you have ? what version of FCP ? how are you flipping the image ?