View Full Version : stupid rendering fcp

Josh Bass
May 18th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Okay, I have a series of a 30 minute-ish lectures that need to be exported to WMV files from the FCP timeline. So, I just exported one of them after (I thought) rendering the entire timeline/sequence. Everything was fine (that I looked at) except for the beginning and end, which had a fade in and fade out, respectively (some of the other FX may have been screwed too, but I didn't check 'em, and now it's been overwritten). So, my in and out to this thirty-minute piece are reading as "unrendered" and I don't know why.

Again, I went to render/all/both, and all the little bars above the fades are showing dark green, and no matter how many times I tell it to render, it never changes to grey (if it's supposed to), so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Subsequent exports continue to show these fades unrendered until the video is completely out of the fade.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the fade in being from empty timeline, instead of slug, so made dissolve from a slug, but still not working.

Thanks.

Shaun Roemich
May 18th, 2008, 07:03 PM
In the Sequence menu, under the Render and Render All flyouts, make sure that Preview and Full have checkmarks beside them, then render.

Josh Bass
May 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks! Hopefully this nails it. I see my rendering time has now jumped to four hours. Yippee. But then, I have 8 hours worth of video on the timeline.