View Full Version : Selling XDCAM - Where/How?

Max Kaiser
May 22nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
Well folks, the time has come to sell the beloved XDCAM. Does anyone know the best method of selling one of these? The rig is a 330 with the Fuji 17.5 lens, 4 batteries.

Consign? Ebay? Not sure what is the best methodology to get a good price with some safety.

Thanks very much!

Max

Tom Roper
May 22nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I've sold cameras right here in the classifieds at DVInfo. We're all operating by our own names (hopefully). The transaction always worked well for both parties in my experience. You know who you are dealing with, and there is a history of postings you can go back and read , and the site is visited by professionals who would be more likely interested in a cam like the F330.

Good luck.

Ivan Snoeckx
May 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
I have sold my F330 (demo model) with SD lens a couple of weeks ago through an auction site in my country. It all went very quick for me. Two hours after I added the camera and lens to the site, it already was sold to someone from a neighbour country. If you don't ask a ridiculous high price you will get rid of it soon. Now, several weeks later, I still see cameras on that site that still aren't sold because they ask too much.

Emanuel Altenburger
May 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
I sold my DSR390 via ebay some time ago. Everything went smoothly, but ebay charged me quite a lot of money for the auction. Also, when accepting paypal (credit card) there´s an additional fee which can be quite high - especially when selling expensive pro-equipment.

Dan Chung
May 23rd, 2008, 06:01 AM
I'd be interested in the body and possibly batteries, not the lens. How much would you be looking for? I guess I could make arrangements to collect if the price was right.

Dan

Chris Medico
May 23rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Post it up on the classified listing here.

Keep it in the family so to speak. ;)

Greg Boston
May 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Post it up on the classified listing here.

Keep it in the family so to speak. ;)

My sentiments exactly!

-gb-

Max Kaiser
May 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys - will do. I have to figure out what to charge - it's not like there a blue book on this stuff.

I can't believe I'm parting with this camera that has been so good to us. Right now we have a doc on PBS that we shot with it and the camera was bulletproof.

Oh well, onward!

Max

Roger Hagelaar
May 25th, 2008, 02:02 AM
I think B&H may have set a new benchmark as new '330's are available for <$9000....

R.

Ivan Snoeckx
May 25th, 2008, 03:28 AM
B&H must have a lot of them is in stock I guess, because the PDW-F330 and PDW-F350 are discontinued.

Dan Chung
May 25th, 2008, 04:45 AM
My normal rule of thumb for used gear it that I would pay somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 new price depending on condition.

Where are the classsifieds by the way? I can't see them on the site, am I being dumb?

Mitchell Skurnik
May 25th, 2008, 08:01 PM
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Greg Boston
May 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Where are the classsifieds by the way? I can't see them on the site, am I being dumb?

You have to be a member of DVINFO for a short while before you have classifieds access. We had to institute this policy awhile back due to some 'drive by' sellers who were less than honest.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

-gb-

Dan Chung
May 26th, 2008, 07:11 AM
OK, well my interest still stands. Can someone please let me know if this camera is posted on the classifieds as I can't access them.

Ivan Snoeckx
May 26th, 2008, 07:28 AM
No, it isn't there. Maybe you can try this!

SONY F330 XDCAM HD w/ LENS - EXTRAS (http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-F330-XDCAM-HD-w-LENS-EXTRAS_W0QQitemZ280229712184QQihZ018QQcategoryZ107938QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Good luck!