View Full Version : Mac Specs and the HD1000

Mark Zambito
May 29th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I've been searching these boards and others for a while now. I get hints as to what machine specs I would need to edit in FCP on a Mac, but no concrete answers.

Can anyone help as to what sort of processor/memory/video card I would need to edit h.264 HD1000 smoothly? I am purchasing a new computer and figuring I would go Mac.

What do you currently use for editing h.264?

Do I need quad core? can I get away with core 2 duo?

Thanks all.

Duane Steiner
May 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I don't have a Mac, but went into the Apple Store and tried some 1280x720 60p footage in FCP on an iMac and Powerbook Pro and they both played it fine. Don't think it would be a problem. I have read that the 1080 footage can cause some problems.

Steve Mullen
May 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I don't have a Mac, but went into the Apple Store and tried some 1280x720 60p footage in FCP on an iMac and Powerbook Pro and they both played it fine. Don't think it would be a problem. I have read that the 1080 footage can cause some problems.

Amazing there appears to be no answer to this question.

Does the AVC driver work? Does it work inside FCP? Has anyone download this?

Is any one using the Sanyo???

Wacharapong Chiowanich
June 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yes, once installed in the Library/Quicktime folder, the footage will play and be editable in FCP6. But for some reasons, you have to crop out first one or two fields of the clips that show a white screen.

Wacharapong

Michael Botkin
June 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Amazing there appears to be no answer to this question.

Does the AVC driver work? Does it work inside FCP? Has anyone download this?

Is any one using the Sanyo???

I have no problem editing the footage directly in FCP. I can just drag/drop the 720P 60fps clips and the only thing I need to render is the audio. I still haven't figured the best way to go to DVD though and keeping the best quality, just too many possible output options.

I'm using a 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2gb of Ram MacBook Pro

Mark Zambito
June 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks, everyone for the input. I'm trying to decide what to purchase.

Anyone out there using Avid Media Composer or Xpress with H.264? How well does that work?