View Full Version : New Gl-2 owner

Greg Darnell
June 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I have just purchased a new GL-2 to start doing some wildlife videography. I have started videoing but could use some help with the advanced operating functions. Any recommendations on GL-2 operating tutorials?

Trond Saetre
June 6th, 2008, 12:02 PM
You have come to the right place.
There is a lot of useful information here on DVinfo already.
Best tips I can give.. Practice, practice and practice.

Chris Soucy
June 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
One of the best tutorials you can wade through is the back issues of this very forum/ thread.

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of questions asked here, usually with a shed load of answers.

It is very likely that 99.9% of the questions you might want to ask have already been asked and answered (in spades).

Might be a bit time consuming but definately worthwhile.

CS

Alan Craig
June 7th, 2008, 01:16 AM
I would say first and foremost get a decent tripod because you are more than likely going to be using zoom a lot to capture wildlife so you do no want to be holding a camera when zoomed right in and then experiment with your camera and enjoy and as chris said in his post there is a whole wealth of info on this site if you search good luck and happy filming.

p.s. I have had a XM2 for nearly 6 years good camera and also have a XHA1 now as well. Think about buying a wide angle lense to get a bit closer to your wild life.
Alan