View Full Version : spinning wheel at end of capture

Jeff Rhode
June 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
We are having a problem on many macbook pros and I'm not sure if there is an easy solution, outside of shooting post roll at the end of the job.

On OS 10.5.2 with FC 6.0.3 and Qt 7.4.5 : When we use Capture Now" to capture the tape all is fine until the end of the last clip. When the end of the time code is reached we get the spinning wheel and the only way to get out of it is to force quit. When the project is opened again there are no clips, but all of the clip are in the capture scratch, with the exception of the last one. Nothing really lost, but since we have many new operators and a few are having this problem I thought I would ask. We could just have them shoot an extra 30 second clip at the end of their job to avoid hitting the end of the time code.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Dave Ambrose
June 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
This drove me crazy. I would have to recapture and recapture. The best solution I found was to capture as a clip and make the out point just before the end of the footage. When I installed QT 7.5 it was fixed, and I back to normal now. Maybe try reinstalling 7.5 ? or an older version of QT like 7.3

Jeff Rhode
June 19th, 2008, 09:49 AM
This drove me crazy. I would have to recapture and recapture. The best solution I found was to capture as a clip and make the out point just before the end of the footage. When I installed QT 7.5 it was fixed, and I back to normal now. Maybe try reinstalling 7.5 ? or an older version of QT like 7.3

Thanks Dave.
I'll check out the update to see if that helps.
I have asked all the shooters to shoot some post roll so if it does happen then the only clip lost is the post.

Regards.