View Full Version : Import from Avid Liquid 7.2 to Final Cut

Paul Cronin
June 23rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
When I try to save in quicktime from Avid Liquid 7.2 and then move to the Mac and import into Final Cut 6.0.3 I have a problem. The files go into bins but will not render and they fail on the time line.

Has any one been able to to this?

Luis Rolo
June 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
When I try to save in quicktime from Avid Liquid 7.2 and then move to the Mac and import into Final Cut 6.0.3 I have a problem. The files go into bins but will not render and they fail on the time line.

Has any one been able to to this?

Maybe you're using an Avid codec inside that quicktime movie that you don't have on your mac.
From my experience, the best way to exchange files between PC and Mac is using Uncompressed or PhotoJPG. Not sure, but I think these are the only codecs that work on both sides (except if you have Avid Xpress or MC on the Mac).

L.R.

Edit - OK, DivX, Sorenson and H264 will work too, but you don't want compression for editing, right?

Liam Hall
June 23rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
You need to download the Avid QuickTime codec then you'll be fine.

Luis Rolo
June 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
You need to download the Avid QuickTime codec then you'll be fine.

Oops... I thought it only came with Avid software...
Cool, that way will be easier for him.

Paul Cronin
June 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Luis I tried PhotoJPG and it did not work. And your are correct I am trying to do it with out compression.

Liam where do I find the download for Avid Quicktime?

Per Johan Naesje
June 24th, 2008, 09:50 AM
You need to download the Avid QuickTime codec then you'll be fine.I don't think it will work with Avid Liquid, only with Avid Express Pro, Media Composer and New Cutter!
Ref this link: http://avidtechnology.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/avidtechnology.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=71356