View Full Version : My stupid question

Andre Viol
August 8th, 2003, 08:29 PM
When someone records something using frame mode (in a GL-2) or progressive mode (in a VX-2000 or in some similar camcorder that would provide 24-30fps, instead of only 15), and then I capture the recording to my computer, do I need any special codec to be able to play it in my computer?

What if I want to play it in my TV? Do I need any special TV? Can I just plug the camcorder to my regular TV and using the camcorder as a player, play the shooting?

Thanks.

Adrian Douglas
August 8th, 2003, 09:35 PM
I'm not too sure about the VX 2000's progressive mode but with the GL2 and DVX100 the footage is converted in the camera so you can plug in to a regular TV. They both use diffeent methods but the end result is the same.

David Hurdon
August 9th, 2003, 06:51 AM
I have mixed 60i and 15p in my VX2000 and captured both in the usual settings. Both play out to TV just fine.

David Hurdon

K. Forman
August 9th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Wouldn't non interlaced video cause a flicking effect on a TV?

David Hurdon
August 9th, 2003, 07:10 AM
At 15 fps progressive there is a noticeable effect but it can be what you want for a specific look. It can also be interesting as the source for slow motion segments. I wouldn't use it for the couple's first dance but it's excellent for cards being dealt for example.

David Hurdon