View Full Version : GL2 blurring in manual focus

Greg Darnell
September 25th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I am still new to GL2, but I am having problems with blurring in manual focus. When shooting video, everything looks fine through the view finder, but when I review the footage on a monitor I have some blurring when I pan or tilt and even when the camera is sitting perfectly still. I am using a tripod with image stablizer on even though it is recommended to turn the image stablizer off when using a tripod. Any help would be appreciated.

Graham Bernard
September 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Duff monitor? Check it against another input. What are your outs and ins from your XM2 to your monitor?

Grazie

Frank Simpson
September 27th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Be aware too that if you are shooting through the eyepiece viewfinder that it has its own focus compensator control, so that people who wear glasses can shoot without them. If it is out of focus and you use it to manually focus your shots, it stands to reason that your shots will be blurred.

Mount your camera to a tripod and let autofocus acquire an object, then turn off the AF. Look through the eyepiece and move the lever on its underside to focus the eyepiece. This may need to be repeated for multiple operators.