View Full Version : Buying an '06-07 MacBook Pro

Jim Cancil
October 9th, 2008, 06:13 AM
My ADD simply will not let me decipher all the variants of the MBP .. and a brand new one is out of range. I want to to import consumer HD and run Final Cut Express and iMovie. I mention 06-07 because - even new - they're available for about 1/2 of current pricing. Maybe one of you is running one of the 17", 2.16GHz units? Is the video card up to the rendering required? I appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Jim

David W. Jones
October 9th, 2008, 06:20 AM
You should be just fine.

Robert Lane
October 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Even the later model G4 Powerbooks would handle HDV just fine, so a MacBook Pro is a significant step-up both in speed and capabilities so as David says, you'll be just fine.

Jim Cancil
October 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Gracias Amigos! I love my Macs ..I still have a Classic II. Cheers.

Jim

Gary Nattrass
October 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM
My macbook pro is the 17in 2.16 gig machine and I use the latest final cut studio 2, pro tools v7.4 le with dv toolkit and edit HDV no problem at all. It even has leopard on and now runs quicker than two years ago.

Jim Cancil
October 10th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks all. I found a 2.33GHz, 17" MBP for $1500 .. NIB. I know it probably will not compare to one that is about to release, but I'm pretty much still back in the Bronze Age compared to most of you. Cheers.

Jim

Bruce Kurz
October 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I got a great deal on my mac and mac book pro. I went to apple.com and in the search bar on the top right type refurb then look at all the factory refurbs at great prices sometimes. I notice that apple does not advertise the refurbs you have to search for them. ps both are running great.