View Full Version : Mono Audio

Loren Simons
October 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
So i shot a Bar Mitzvah and for the interviews, i just switched the mic to mono so it would pick up my shotgun mic plugged in AND the handheld mic as upposed to unpluging the shotgun and than plugging in the handheld to that same slot, you A1 users no what I'm talking about. SO my question is is there a way to just delete the shotgun audio track of audio, and just duplicate the handheld track, so i hear the audio from both left and right?
Thanks in advance!

Gary Nattrass
October 12th, 2008, 06:31 PM
What edit system are you using?

I shoot with cam mic and radio most of the time and then in final cut split into twin track mono from stereo. I can then delete what I dont need.

If you are using final cut studio 2 you can click on a stereo linked track and then split by going in the top of the screen: Modify>stereo pair.

You can then pan the mono track centre so it outputs on both legs.

Hope this helps but forgive me if I have misunderstood your question.

Bill Pryor
October 12th, 2008, 06:35 PM
You're saying you recorded one mic to channel 1 and the other to channel 2? If so, then no problem, as the above post points out.

Loren Simons
October 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
What edit system are you using?

I shoot with cam mic and radio most of the time and then in final cut split into twin track mono from stereo. I can then delete what I dont need.

If you are using final cut studio 2 you can click on a stereo linked track and then split by going in the top of the screen: Modify>stereo pair.

You can then pan the mono track centre so it outputs on both legs.

Hope this helps but forgive me if I have misunderstood your question.

nope perfect! just what i needed thank you very much

Gary Nattrass
October 13th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Glad to help and I must admit I only found this myself a couple of weeks ago. I must read some manuals but the joy of using FCP is that as an audio guy used to audiofile and pro tools I can find my way around for most things.