View Full Version : Stop Motion In Fcp

Jesse R. Borrell
October 18th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Hi guys,

I am starting a lengthy stop motion project and I was wondering is there was a simple way to set the desired length for each of my photos. Example:

When you click on a clip or photo, it appears in the VIEWER... To place the clip on the timeline, the automatic length is set to 10 seconds. I know you can change your desired length, for my case that would be around 7 or so frames per photo, on the VIEWER manually...

but I was wondering if there was a way to set the desired frame size by changing the settings for all imported clips somewhere. I have not been able to find this. This will surely expedite my time a bit.

Thank!

jrb

Across The Atlas (http://www.acrosstheatlas.com)

Shaun Roemich
October 18th, 2008, 12:21 PM
It's a choice in the Preferences menu, accessed from the Final Cut Pro item in the menu bar. I think it's labeled Still Image Duration.

CAUTION: you need to make the change BEFORE importing your images or else they import with the standard duration of 10 seconds.

Jesse R. Borrell
October 18th, 2008, 12:35 PM
thanks man, i will definitely check that out...

Cole McDonald
October 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM
you can also import and drop an whole folder of images into the clips pane and the timeline respectively. Makes importing image sequences much faster (you may want to render them out then to save on render time later down the work flow though).

Cole McDonald
October 18th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah, and if you have imported them already, you can make changes to duration to all selected (just don't remember how). I ended up running into this while making my slow motion applescripty thing a while back.