View Full Version : Favorite Editing Controller/Mouse

Suzanne Zorich
October 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Guys
Well, I am in the market for some new equipment, and I am just wondering what seems to be a favorite mouse/knob, and possibly keyboard for Mac FCP users??
Thanks!

Jeremy Hughes
October 28th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I have a Shuttle Pro and a Mighty Mouse - I use the mouse more unless I'm rolling through long takes of footage. The scroll ball on the mouse allowing you to scroll up and down and left to right is fantastic for FCP. For keyboard, I just use the mac keyboard. Ive mapped a lot of my keys differently so a marked board wouldnt do me much good anyway.

Dick Campbell
October 29th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I use the mighty mouse, and I just got the Color Pro Training Series book, and it says a mighty mouse is required for certain functions, so you might consider that.

I also have the KBcovers keyboard cover for FCP and for me still learning, it is a big help.

Suzanne Zorich
October 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Very interesting...thanks guys. I was considering the Shuttle pro, but completely forgot about the Mighty Mouse. Thanks!

Nate Schmidt
October 30th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I use a Wacom Tablet and a contour Shuttle Xpress and enjoy the setup. The table also helps with other apps like painting in photoshop or motion. And saves stress on the wrist too.

Bill Pryor
October 30th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I have a 4-button Kensington track ball. I've used them for years. They're up to about a hundred bucks now.