View Full Version : JVC GY-HD100 and Blackmagic Intesity Pro

Robert Rogoz
November 2nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
I am thinking about buying the card, mostly for my monitor. However I am not sure if I can also capture in ProRes through component connection from my GY-HD 100. so is the extra 100 bucks worth it?

Justin Ferar
November 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
It can capture component at ProRes. But you won't have time code using the camera as your source.

Edward Tomecko
November 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
Does this card capture as good if not better than DV firewire capture when used through component out? Or just if the camera does not record to tape first. I ask because the firewire port on my HD100 is shot, of course. I have converted analog out before (composite-usb) and it seems to give the footage a more pleasing look for music videos and docs. Thanks

Justin Ferar
November 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Does this card capture as good if not better than DV firewire capture when used through component out? Or just if the camera does not record to tape first. I ask because the firewire port on my HD100 is shot, of course. I have converted analog out before (composite-usb) and it seems to give the footage a more pleasing look for music videos and docs. Thanks

That's a pretty subjective question...

A live capture via component (skipping the HDV compression to tape) would be superior to capturing to tape - if that is what you are asking. In fact, it would be far superior if using Pro Res or something similar.

Edward Tomecko
November 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
That's precisely what I am asking. What would be a good solution to do this on a PC? Intensity card with what software? BTW Great wedding work Justin! Edward

Justin Ferar
November 3rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm a Mac guy but I know Intensity Pro works with Vegas and Premiere on the PC.

Thanks for the props Edward! I wish I could show more of the uber high end weddings on the website but the higher you go the less you can show! Privacy issues you know.

Edward Tomecko
November 4th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Great! I use Vegas. Again, I have done analog transfers (from tape) through composite to dv-avi with HD footage and it gives a more pleasing, filmic look. People really like the look. I am planning on upgrading my workstation including an Intensity Pro card. Just getting user feedback along the way. Keep up the great work Justin. E