View Full Version : Edius 5 Breaks PACE/Ilok License

Bill Ravens
November 25th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I just installed Edius5 and my apps that rely on the PACE/Ilok anti-piracy licensing no longer work. Most noteably, Protools won't fire up now. Anyone else experience this problem?

John Sirb
December 2nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Bill, not sure if you go to the edius forum, this was posted yesterday

So, for anyone else who has a problem with this and doesn't want to wait an indefinite period for a response from tech support, all you have to do is uninstall the default HASP driver, V5.41, and install V5.22 instead. In more detail, I opened a DOS window and ran haspdinstall.exe -r from the 5.42 folder, which removes 5.41, then haspdinstall.exe -i from the 5.22 folder, which installs 5.22.

Now my iLok VST plugs are working again, so I can get rid of the dual boot hassle.

Bill Ravens
December 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
John..

Thanx, I missed the info on the Edius forum. Good news. Thinking the problem was with Avid, I called Avid tech support. They contacted me immediately. Avid and I spent over a week troubleshooting this issue. I'm somewhat disappointed in the GV support. Still no word from them after I filed a trouble report before Thanksgiving. Unacceptable. I don't think I want Edius on my system, after this experience. When are these software vendors going to take responsibility for the trash they release? Long live Avid.