View Full Version : Is this possible: Video on PC transferd to DV tape?

Mary Angelini
December 8th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I am wondering if it is possible to take a video clip from another camera that has already been uploaded onto a computer and then capture the video onto my GL2 DV tape?

I am trying to find out how I can get my friend's video from his computer(pc) to mine (mac)

I am really lost on the idea. Any suggestions?

Josh Chesarek
December 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I am wondering if it is possible to take a video clip from another camera that has already been uploaded onto a computer and then capture the video onto my GL2 DV tape?

I am trying to find out how I can get my friend's video from his computer(pc) to mine (mac)

I am really lost on the idea. Any suggestions?

I would suggest an external hard drive. Depending on how it was captured though you may or may not be able to import it into your editor. Depending on what editor he is using there is usually an Export to tape option which will feed a camera through firewire and print the video bak onto the tape and then you could recapture it on your machine.

Chris Soucy
December 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Er, what's wrong with your collective cd/ dvd writer/ readers?

CS

Michelle Genrich
December 10th, 2008, 12:50 PM
When all else fails, I use Aimersoft ....which allows me to (dvd) rip and/or convert to my heart's desire. Aimersoft Official - Provides the best DVD Ripper, Video Converter (http://www.aimersoft.com) This also has been quite useful when receiving different formats from people.

Don Palomaki
December 12th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Mary,

In general the answer is yes. However, it will depend on the specific software on the computer that currently has the video and whether or not it can output to the GL2 via firewire, or worst case via the analog input.

Easiest would be to copy directly from the tape or disk in the camcorder if it is still available.

There may be technical issues to address in the process; e.g., conversion form HDV or AVCHD format to SD, but that cannot be determined form your post.

As noted above, you could also use DVD (or network) depending on your specific configurations.

Denis Gonzalez
March 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Mary,

In general the answer is yes. However, it will depend on the specific software on the computer that currently has the video and whether or not it can output to the GL2 via firewire, or worst case via the analog input.

Easiest would be to copy directly from the tape or disk in the camcorder if it is still available.

There may be technical issues to address in the process; e.g., conversion form HDV or AVCHD format to SD, but that cannot be determined form your post.

As noted above, you could also use DVD (or network) depending on your specific configurations.

Like it says... Yes! Try to do it with your software editor... I think Vegas can do it

Graham Bernard
March 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Like it says... Yes! Try to do it with your software editor... I think Vegas can do it Yes . . It is called "Print-To-Tape". The camera has to be in Play(VCR) mode.

Grazie