View Full Version : PDW-U1 and Vista 64 bit?

Paul Gale
February 24th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Has anyone got the U1 working properly on Vista 64 bit ... or even XP 64 bit?

The prodisc driver installs without apparent problem or error but the drive doesn't work correctly. The XML file parsing doesn't work, so that the structure of the disc is shown in a different way (I guess this is the native structure/format before the XML files are read and alter the layout that is presented to the user). i.e. the top level folders are GENERAL and PROAV. On closer inspection of the device manager, a MS driver is being used rather than a Sony driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul.

Paul Gale
March 17th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I guess not then? :(

I've recently tried this on Vista 32 bit (different machine) as well but getting similar problems, even when installing as administrator and with UAC turned off.

Anyone got it working on Vista OK?

Thanks.

Peter Beeh
March 17th, 2009, 02:21 AM
My vista 32 bit laptop works flawlessly.
64 bit desktop however does not. Sony is yet to release drivers.
Have you tried disabelling your firewall and antivirus software to see if that makes a difference?
Peter

Paul Gale
March 17th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Thanks Peter,

I'm running NOD32 A/V - have just disabled that and re-installed to see if that makes a difference...

Paul Gale
March 17th, 2009, 03:01 AM
I've tried loads of combinations of removing the A/V, removing the prodisc drivers and re-installing. Nothing works so far - the disc is always seen as "XDCAM" and has "General" and "PROAV" folders rather than the correct XDCAM layout. :(

Peter Beeh
March 17th, 2009, 05:07 AM
for what it's worth, I'm running mcaffee antiv and firewall and that has caused me no issue. Apart from the FAM drivers I also have the pdz-1 browsing software and xdcam clip viewer software installed. What about the firmware of your drive-is that up to date?
Peter

Paul Gale
March 19th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

A very helpful Sony pre-sales guy called me and we worked out that my U1 was on an older firmware version - The prodisc driver obviously needs to match the firmware.

I wasn't aware that a newer firmware version was out, having only updated a couple of months ago when the write-back firmware came out.

Anyway, the disc is now showing up correctly in Vista 32.

Apparently Vista 64 support is being considered by Japan but there's no official timescales on it yet.

Thanks All.

Paul.