View Full Version : PDW700 AND SxS cards Data Rate?

James Venturi
March 4th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know the data rate/codec sony will be using with the SxS cards for the PDW700?

If it were only 50Mb 4:2:2 that would be good because we could have another recording option, but it would be great if they would offer other formats such as 100Mb 4:2:2 or 160Mb I-Frame. Basically, wouldn't it be great if the attachment that sony offered would be the same functionality as the NanoFlash?

Anyone know anything?

Andy Shipsides
March 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Jim

Last year at NAB they had a demo of the SxS back for the PDW700 - looked similar to what JVC has on their camera. The engineer there said it would record the same 50mb/s as the camera. I'd love to see them have a higher bit rate option but I haven't heard any news of that. I did hear that SxS prices are dropping and we'll see a lot of SxS workflow options this year as well.

Andy

James Venturi
March 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Andy,

Besides the superior form factor of an SxS attached to the battery mount, I am not sure why an SxS attachment would be superior to a Nanoflash supporting 160Mb I-Frame. I don't know if you saw Mike's recent FAQ on the Nano but they are continuing to add features, but the only problem is they continue to push out the delivery date. Now its end of May.

jim