View Full Version : Filters

Rob Andree
September 24th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Does anybody know what filters you would be able to use to create the sort of glowing effect on the grass and trees like in CKY3?

Fred Gullett
September 24th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Don't know if alot of people on this site are gonna know what cky is but I do know that alot of cKy3 was done on film.

Andres Lucero
September 24th, 2003, 05:14 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=diffusion+filters

Corey MacGregor
September 24th, 2003, 06:12 PM
I've gotten the same effect by doing it all in post with after effects. What i did was first duplicate the layer then apply a gaussian blur to it and set the blur amount to 30. Then i set the transfer mode of that layer to "overlay". Next adjust the opacity of that layer to taste. This should look pretty close by now. Then i would apply a saturation or color balance pluggin and adjust the individual color/saturation parameters.
This is just a guideline, it totally depends on the individual clip. If that doesn't work for you try different transfer modes to see what happens, like i said it all depends on the particular clip your working with. Another cool trick is to make a solid color layer above your video tracks and set the transfer mode to "overlay" and play with the opacity. You can get some really cool looks this way. I personally like using a gray/blueish solid or a mustard color. This technique can be done in most NLE as well. Hope that helps!

Rob Andree
September 24th, 2003, 09:37 PM
cool thanks

Nate Fields
August 12th, 2006, 11:34 AM
i dont think it was all done on film. if it was it was 16mm