View Full Version : White screen on LCD

Rick Smethurst
November 3rd, 2003, 08:36 PM
Need some guidance. I recently received my GL2 from B&H last Wednesday. I have recorded only afew minutes trying out the features and becoming familiar with all the controls. Today when I turned the camera on all was normal until I opened the LCD screen. I was greeted with a white screen and all functions on the camera became inoperable. Closing the screen did not bring the camera back to life,ie the viewfinder never came back on again. Turning the camera on and off again resolves nothing. The battery has to be removed and placed back again for the camera to function. The camera now functions normally as long as I don't open the LCD. Once I do I am back to the above. Have I missed something obvious or is this a candidate for return.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Ken Tanaka
November 3rd, 2003, 09:05 PM
You should absolutely exchange the camera. This is not normal.

Rick Smethurst
November 3rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks Ken. I was definitely leaning toward that direction. Just a bit on the frustrating side.

Chris Hurd
November 3rd, 2003, 09:45 PM
Less than a week old, get this back to B&H immediately. They'll take care of you. An exchange should be no problem.

November 3rd, 2003, 10:25 PM
i posted the same problem about 2 or 3 weeks ago. i called canon and sent my gl2 back... a new one should be arriving soon

Rick Smethurst
November 4th, 2003, 09:35 PM
A quick update on my white screen problem.
Called B&H this morning and explained my situation. They gave me a RMA and an account number for UPS to cover the shipping for the exchange. Great service, unfortunate circumstances. Looking forward to the arrival of the new one.

Rick Smethurst
November 15th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Received the new GL2 from B&H today. They were great. So far this unit is functioning flawlessly. Back to the learning and exploring mode. Thanks to all for the comments.

Graham Bernard
November 15th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Phewww! Well done . . go film!!

Grazie