View Full Version : gl2 paint jobs

December 31st, 2003, 08:27 AM
i came across this company from an iPod forum. im going to send my iPod off to them to have it painted (probably a jet black) and i saw that they painted "accesories" which included a gl2....
anywyas, i thought some people might be interested, they appear to do good work and ive heard nothing but good things about their company.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/

Jeff Price
December 31st, 2003, 10:29 AM
I've just gotten some camo tape for this purpose. It is a special tape that is not supposed to leave a residue when it is removed (as long as you don't leave it on for years).

December 31st, 2003, 12:35 PM
no kidding. where did you pick that up? that could be perfect for me... i would like to cover some things up on my cam so that salt air and light mists cant do any damage

Tyge Floyd
December 31st, 2003, 09:34 PM
This is where I get my camo tape. I've used it for several projects and it comes off easily if needed. One word of caution, if it ever gets wet, take it off. Water seems to turm it into some sort of cement!

www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=19620&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Jeff Price
January 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM
I picked up mine at Cabela's (www.cabelas.com). Mostly I use it to break up the pattern of the camera. For water protection (especially salt) I use a cam-kote (also camouflage).

Steve Olds
January 4th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I just bought a camo fitted cover for my GL2 or I should say having it made. Bought it from a person off ebay $26.00 w/ shipment and insurance. I can tell more about It after it comes in. If anyones wants to know. Steve