View Full Version : Video head for monopod and soft foot

Don Kinsley
April 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Two questions:
1.) Can I put a video head on a monopod or will this set up not work? (will it too easily move when using the video head to pan, etc...)
2.) What can I put on the foot of the monopod to soften the noise heard in the mic made when setting the monpod back down after moving to a new location?. (I have to move around a lot.)

Thanks for the help!

Paul W. Hazeltine
April 13th, 2009, 02:51 PM
When the use of a tripod is not practical I use a Manfrotto 561B Fluid Head Video Monopod with feet see:- tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 561B - FLUID VIDEO ALU MONOPOD WHEAD (http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/off/pid/13785?livid=107|117&idx=120) and it works quite well with my Canon XH-A1.

Paul W. H

Kyle Ehrenreich
April 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
When the use of a tripod is not practical I use a Manfrotto 561B Fluid Head Video Monopod with feet see:- tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 561B - FLUID VIDEO ALU MONOPOD WHEAD (http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/off/pid/13785?livid=107|117&idx=120) and it works quite well with my Canon XH-A1.

Paul W. H

I second that, I use the same monopod; however, I replaced the head with a 501HDV head and now have alot more control with my XH-A1. It is so easy to get some great shots with this tool, pick up, set down and film, then onto the next location. Great for weddings, when the bride is arriving at the church. Just my opinion...

Don Bloom
April 13th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I've been using a Bogen 682B monopod with feet and a 501 head minus the pan handle for years. A bit top heavy of course but works really well.

Laurence Scott
April 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Since I'm a lone shooter - I've been using monopods from day one.
The current setup I'm using with my Canon XH A1:
Manfrotto 678 Monopod Universal Folding base [installed a different o-ring with a higher durometer to take away a lot of the sway/movement I had with the OEM o-ring]
Manfrotto 680B Photo Compact Monopod
Manfrotto 701HDV Pro Fluid Video Mini Head [same head used on my tripod]