View Full Version : 2x Teleconverter

Colin Rayner
January 29th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Have been looking for a 2x teleconverter. Seems that the Century one is the one to get, but is expensive. Anybody know of any other options?

Mark Williams
January 29th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Look at: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?BI=155&O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=200953&is=REG&si=feat#goto_itemInfo

January 31st, 2004, 03:49 PM
this may be a silly question but does anyone who has or has seent he sony 1.7x know if the lens hood will be able to stay on the gl2 while the teleconvertor is in use?

Steve Nunez
January 31st, 2004, 05:25 PM
I had that setup- the hood has to come off.........optically the Sony is awesome- get it- you'll be happy.

Bill Hardy
January 31st, 2004, 06:09 PM
Have you tried the digital zoom? Looks very smooth on the GL2

February 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM
BIll, im not sure if that question was directed to me or not...
but i dont like the digital zoom... i leave it turned off b/c i find the images are way too pixelated for what im trying to film.
im just grateful i dont have a sony w/ a weak optical zoom :>

February 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM
BIll, im not sure if that question was directed to me or not...
but i dont like the digital zoom... i leave it turned off b/c i find the images are way too pixelated for what im trying to film.
im just grateful i dont have a sony w/ a weak optical zoom :>

Brent Jensen
February 2nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
Does anyone have trouble focusing when using the 2x Teleconverter? I was testing mine out yesterday, and when I zoomed in all the way at 20x or 40x, I could not get focus, even with manual. It was overcast and an hour before sunset. Would the amount of light make any difference?