View Full Version : User Matrix again

Josip Ruzic
April 21st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Hallo to all,
After hours of tuning and testing on user matrix menu (F330), I came out with this results:
R-G 10
R-B 20
G-R -20
G-B 15
B-R -10
B-G 18
Can somebody give a try, and tell me your opinion. I want to get rid of the yellow tint, and have more neutral color reproduction. My starting point was this site:
BVWD600 Camera Setups (http://members.tripod.com/~Camera_Dave/temple4.htm)

Uli, I count on you...

Thanks,
Josip

Uli Mors
April 27th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hi Josip,

I dialed in your matrix settings and just shot a business exhibition (inside/outside) - didnt see the footage yet, but will come back.

ULI

Uli Mors
April 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
ok - your setting looks good.

In the past I used some other settings + manual WB 4400K when shooting sunny footage outside. This gave a nice colourful + rich picture.

At the moment (did not A/B the settings yet) it looks like your settings (shot at 5600 preset) look quite similar to mine when shooting 4400. On the other hand, cloudy footage looks different (again).

When there is more sun outside again, IŽll A/B.

Regards

ULI

Richard Gillespie
April 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM
It took me a while to get the best out of my F330, still not sure I have! I really like the camera and shots from an EX1 intercut with it unnoticeably well, much better than from a Z1. I also love the 4 audio channels, it's got me out of the sh17 so many times. I' ve shot a few docs for broadcast with the following settings and have been pleased with the results. These were shot and posted in 1080i50 but TX'd in SD. They have been edited and tweeked in an NLE. I would probably not use these settings if I knew the programme was going to be graded on something like a Pogle. I used the Sony Scene file (011) for DV Normal (DVCAM) as a starting point. One of the things I found helped the most was increasing the Knee sat and using Cine4. Do you change any other settings on your cameras or just the matrix? I will try out your settings.

A42 -
Detail Level: -25
Master Black: -4
Gamma Select: Cine4
A45-
Knee Sat: 128
A48-
User matrix: On
User matrix sat: 18
A49-
R-G: 2
R-B: 0