View Full Version : 5.1 available now

Alan Anthony Lacey
May 15th, 2009, 04:52 AM
On the GrassValley w/s

Let us know how you get on with it!

Alan

Andy Tejral
May 15th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I've been futzing around for a while and it seems to be just fine--haven't done any serious work with it yet.

Tom Koveleskie
May 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Edius 5.1 is the best long form NLE I have ever used. I own Avid MC and prefer Edius. It is just so easy to use and GUI is so well layed out and efficient. It has come a long way recently...

Phil Gosselin
May 18th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Edius 5.1 is the best long form NLE I have ever used. I own Avid MC and prefer Edius. It is just so easy to use and GUI is so well layed out and efficient. It has come a long way recently...

How long a way has it come?

I tried version 4.5 back when it just got out and found that it was WAY too similar (in look and feel) to FC. I am a Vegas user and I am currently looking for an alternative when I shoot with a P2.

Has Canopus really come through since 4.5?

With this new version what kind of user would feel right at home (Vegas user, FC user, Premiere user etc.)

Thanks

Phil

Ron Evans
May 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM
If you tried 4.5 then the look and feel haven't changed much. Of course it manages all the pro formats like P2, XDCam etc in stock form and has the best multicam of them all as well as the new version will make a Bluray from the timeline and has integration with the FirecoderBlu Spurs engine hardware card as well as the Spark HDMi output for the preview card. I also use Vegas. Edius is main editor, Vegas for audio and single track AVCHD native.

Ron Evans

Alan Anthony Lacey
May 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
I've used them all. Funilly enough though it's only been Vegas that I've had issues with. Not that it didn't work, it just seems to have a counter intuitive front end.

I dearly loved my Fast 601 come Pinnacle Silver come Avid Liquid, but as it looks like Avid will not be developing the line further and have had all the alternatives, even devoting a few years to trying to become a MacHead for FCP.

Edius is now top of my list espescailly for knocking out a quick edit. Still plenty of room for improvement though. Eg I hope they've sorted the limitations of importing ale files and I'd really like to see 2D rotation in the 'motion' tab. Marker handling seems much improved though in 5.1

Alan