View Full Version : Missing XDCAM EX Easy Set Up: Why?

Bob Kerner
May 20th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I'm running two macs and FCS. A MacPro and MacBook Pro. Both have the same version FCS, Sony XDCam Transfer, Clip Browser and SxS Drivers.

On my MacPro, there is an Easy Set Up preference for the various XDCAM EX formats. However, I don't have this on my laptop, only Easy Set Ups for XDCAM HD.

In the Final Cut folder in the apps folder, there are additional Easy Set Ups. Both computers have the full range of XDCAM EX formats in that folder.

Why, oh why, are the Easy Set Ups accessible on one computer from the Easy Set Up menu and not the other??!!

Do ou think I need to delete the folder off the laptop and re-install?

Thanks
Bob

Bob Kerner
May 20th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Just to clarify: I'm using the Easy Set Up feature to set the sequence settings, not for capturing purposes.

I think I found the answer on another website: to drag the Easy Set Ups into the custom settings folder. Can anyone verify this?

Odd, I'm sure I didn't do that on the MacPro.

Thanks again

Mitchell Lewis
May 20th, 2009, 09:36 PM
You need to move those Easy Setups from the Application folder into the appropriate place in your Library folder. At least that's how I think I did it. Do a search, this has been discussed a couple of times before.

Bob Kerner
May 21st, 2009, 06:08 AM
Thanks Mitch. I saw a post attributing this technique to you on another website.

I'll give it a try.

Mitchell Lewis
May 21st, 2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks Bob. But like most things I've learned about our EX3, Craig Seeman is who originally helped me. (thanks Craig!) :)