View Full Version : One small scratch on lens!

Kaushik Parmar
June 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hello!

My HD7 got one small scratch on lens and it appearse when we shoot video, so what is solution for that? Do I need change the whole lense? I would really appreciate if some one can help me.

Thanks

Chris Soucy
June 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Nothing else to be done, it needs to go in to have the front element replaced.

From my (limited) experience, modern camcorders have a sealed module that encompasses the "focus/ zoom" unit behind a front fixed element, which would appear to be the one damaged.

With a bit of luck the only repair is to the front element and not the entire lens (unless JVC have done something really dumb........).

Best give them (JVC) a call and see what they suggest.

I will refrain from echoeing the many complaints about JVC service authored here, but "may God have mercy on your soul", I think you may need it!

CS

Kaushik Parmar
June 10th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Nothing else to be done, it needs to go in to have the front element replaced.

From my (limited) experience, modern camcorders have a sealed module that encompasses the "focus/ zoom" unit behind a front fixed element, which would appear to be the one damaged.

With a bit of luck the only repair is to the front element and not the entire lens (unless JVC have done something really dumb........).

Best give them (JVC) a call and see what they suggest.

I will refrain from echoeing the many complaints about JVC service authored here, but "may God have mercy on your soul", I think you may need it!

CS

CS,

I was thinking same. But now I am in India, I will have to ask some one for that part in USA. I will try, I thank you for your help. I love HD7, I am very happy with it. Maybe you have gone through with my videos: Kaushik on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/user318721)

Thanks,
Kaushik