View Full Version : viewfinder won't work when I close the LCD only when I flip the Lcd 180

Juan Hernandez
June 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM
here I am just purchased this GL2 and everything works perfect but the viewfinder won't turn on when the lcd is closed I have tried verything on the set up menu since I had before a xl1 but nothing no luck even when I go to set up the option for the viewfinder in not highligthed only when I flip the lcd open then I can modified the setting on the viewfinder .......please anybody that can help me.... thanks

Greg Donovan
June 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Neither does mine. I believe it's just a design oversight in the camera unfortunately.

Greg

Don Palomaki
June 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I believe that there is an internal switch that is part of the right cover unit that senses when the LCD panel is open/closed, and that switch may not be operating properly.

Greg Donovan
June 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Don, unless I read wrong, this is only happening (as it is with me) when the LCD is flipped 180 degrees and closed in that position.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it. My screen shuts off properly when it is in the normal closed position.

Greg

Juan Hernandez
July 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
let me see if I got it clear .... when the lcd is closed normal with the screen on the inside the viewfinder should turn on by itself isn't it? well mine does not turn on unless I flip the lcd all the way as if you where in front of the camera and you are facing the lcd or even when I close the lcd with the screen facing outside of the camera I don't know if yours does the same but mine Ican't see anything on the viewfinder when I look trough the viewfinder... somebody told me that the sensor that will switch the viewfinder it' problably bad I just wan to know if other cameras does the same thanks