View Full Version : GL1/GL2 color difference

John Ray
April 8th, 2004, 04:46 AM
I'm having trouble matching video from these two cameras. The GL2 seems to be a brighter picture than the GL1 when using the same settings. I can tweak one a little but they never seem to match. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanx

Rob Easler
April 8th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Just because they are both made by cannon doesn't mean they will match. They are 2 different cameras. Almost as different as a Sony is to a Panasonic. Matching the picture is easiest with 2 cameras of the same model but even then you could have an issue or two.

The GL1 is generally warmer in color temerature and softer in it's picture, and more grainy and darker in low light as you have described.

John Ray
April 8th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah I figured that . I wasn't expecting them to be a dead on match, just looking for someone who may have some valuable insight on what they did to remediate the issue. Thanx

Bill Hardy
April 9th, 2004, 05:17 AM
I have had decent sucess editing in post with Final Cut Express.

Hank Freeman
April 11th, 2004, 10:09 AM
This is infact true. We shot 3 GL2s against a single GL1 for an event and found coloring differences when left in automatic. Even after manually white balancing, there were still difference. We always shoot GL2s together and GL1s together to simplify this issue.