View Full Version : Frezzi Dual Shoe - Anyone Using?

Miguel Lombana
April 17th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Got a wierd question, is anyone using the above product for mounting 2 items on their shoe adapter? OR does anyone have an idea of a cheap / affordable and similar solution.

I need to mount my boom mic and light to my GL2, right now I keep my wireless back behind the shoe on the handle and my light on the shoe. Suddenly I need to get a boom mic for ambience on channel 2 and I got no place to put it.

I found the Frezzi device and it looks ok however it "appreas" that it only allows you to mount front to back not side to side. Since I have no room due to the wireless to mount front to back, I need something that will offset to the right for the boom.

The Canon mic adapter would be perfect since it has the opening for the boom mic, however since it only had XLR ports, I opted for Signvideo since I needed to add audio from other sources and sometimes it's not going to be XLR.

So back to the original question, is anyone using the frezzi dual bracket, or have a similar product that will allow an offset (to the side) mounting solution for a 2nd device while keeping my lighting centered on the shoe.

Miguel

Miguel Lombana
April 17th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Never mind, I just found a zoom image on BH and it does appear that I can rotate this one left / right. Now if anyone knows of this same device for less than the 70 bucks that it retails for :-)

Marco Leavitt
April 17th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Not sure which unit you are refering to, but I have a Frezzi doohickey that lets you mount a mic and light on the hotshoe, and it flat out doesn't work. The foot is too thin to sit in the hotshoe tightly. There's a screw that's supposed to hold it in place, but it digs a hole in the hotshoe and still works loose. It's a little baffling because Frezzi makes great stuff. You might try a Minirover.

Miguel Lombana
April 18th, 2004, 12:15 PM
The one that I'm referring to is shown on their site as http://frezzi.com/images/micro%20acc%20large/fdsa_large.jpg

I use their lights and they work great, this one seems to fit the bill, i also have a mini-rover for one of my setups, however i was looking to get everything more balanced and thought this would be the ticket.

Marco Leavitt
April 18th, 2004, 02:06 PM
That looks better, although the foot still seems awfully thin to me. The one I have has a post to mount the light to, with an arm coming off of it with a clamp for the microphone.

Joseph Lawrence
April 19th, 2004, 06:26 AM
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=126229&is=REG

Try this link to B&H. I use the Cool lux dual hotshoe mount to keep a shotgun out of frame at wide angle. This unit mounts securely on my GL2. Never had any problems with it. Reasonably priced for the versatility.

Joseph

Miguel Lombana
April 19th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Ahhh, now that's more like it, Joe you just saved me like 40 dollars, this looks a lot more like what I was looking for, thanks much, I just ordered 2.