View Full Version : Time lessness

Anhar Miah
April 20th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Just wanted to bring to peoples attention. That Time doesn't actually exist.

It is a complex subject to explain, i dont fully understand it my self, still learing.

But the best way i would descibe it in a nutshell is :

"What is today that is no tomorrow? and what is tomorrow that is not yesterday? Now is here and so it stays forever, ................time....it does not exist, even though perceive it so"

If you understand it, it has profiund implications to how you deal with your life.

Go reseacrh some books on this topic,

(Albert Einstein amonst others was one who dealt with timelessness.)

Any way guys have a nice day! :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------ANHAR MIAH

Luis Caffesse
April 20th, 2004, 08:25 AM
I would really like to respond to this in detail....

...but I just don't have any time.

-Luis

(I know, I know...cheap joke)

Imran Zaidi
April 20th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Interesting thing related to this... I hear that NASA is set to launch a new study to test Einstein's work that suggests the Earth, being a massive object, actually warps time as it spins and travels through the solar system, leaving sort of little tornados/vortexes of warped time, much like a oars traveling through water.

Yes, time is quite a sham. Not to mention how when you're anticipating something time drags, and when you're having fun, it flies by. In that respect, time is sort of like color - it is all based on perception and communication. We perceive a color and describe it based on our brain's perception of the wavelength, where others may see it another way, but call it the same thing. Never is this more apparent than when looking at the way a camera auto-white balances - camera's lie much less than the human eye.

How's that for a tie-in back to DV?

Michael Wisniewski
April 20th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Looks like you've a lot of time on your hands :-p

Rob Lohman
April 21st, 2004, 05:08 AM
I think I have to agree. Time (in my opinion) simply is a way to
document and plan changes and how things relatete around us
and within us.

John Heskett
April 21st, 2004, 06:59 AM
Time is very much related to Schroinger's cat. It both exist and doesn't at the same time. That is, until observed at which point it exist because we are looking for it and utilize it.

Jaime Valles
April 21st, 2004, 07:32 AM
Does this mean that the XL2 has already been released? ;)

Imran Zaidi
April 21st, 2004, 09:03 AM
In a way, yes, the successor to the XL1s has been released, and always was released. Anything that's ever going to happen has already happened, or is happening - we just haven't reached the certain point in our linear understanding of time where we can perceive it just yet.

Rob Lohman
April 21st, 2004, 09:27 AM
So we just aren't looking hard enough.... hmmmm

Federico Dib
April 21st, 2004, 12:05 PM
Slaughter House Five by Kurt Voneghaut (spell?). Good reading (IMO) that touches this subject...