View Full Version : DVDA - error whe using mp4 files

Marius Boruch
August 11th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I can't produce BluRay using either SonyAVC or Mainconcept AVC compressions.
I got this message:
File name: STREAM/00001.m2ts
Status: TSWrapper.dll::CTSWrapper::ProcThreadMain::Video buffer underflows. -

I use templates for Sony and same values for Mainconcept. It is possible to burn BD directly from Vegas timeline BUT I need to produce BD with menus.

It works OK when using mpeg2's; what is causing that error with mp4's; how to fix it?

Randall Leong
December 24th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Marcus,

Sorry that it took so long to respond. According to the DVD Architect user guide, if you were using Sony Vegas Pro to render your AVC videos, then only those whose resolution is 1440x1080i at 29.970 fps or 25.000 fps using the AVCHD (not Blu-Ray AVC) templates are compliant. Any other resolution or frame rate and the AVC video must be recompressed (or put it this way, you will have to force recompression on the video files). If your AVC videos as rendered in Vegas are 1920x1080, they are not compliant with the DVDA smart rendering engine. If you want DVDA to smart-render any 1920x1080 or progressive-scan AVC videos, then you must use another (non-Vegas) video editing software package to render the AVC file before importing it into DVDA.

File name: STREAM/00001.m2ts
Status: TSWrapper.dll::CTSWrapper::ProcThreadMain::Video buffer underflows. -

I received that message too with AVC authoring on BD. At present the only workaround that I know of is to force DVDA to recompress the video files. This may take 10 hours or more per hour of video to recompress.

Randall Leong
January 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Marcus,

Sorry that it took so long to respond. According to the DVD Architect user guide, if you were using Sony Vegas Pro to render your AVC videos, then only those whose resolution is 1440x1080i at 29.970 fps or 25.000 fps using the AVCHD (not Blu-Ray AVC) templates are compliant. Any other resolution or frame rate and the AVC video must be recompressed (or put it this way, you will have to force recompression on the video files). If your AVC videos as rendered in Vegas are 1920x1080, they are not compliant with the DVDA smart rendering engine. If you want DVDA to smart-render any 1920x1080 or progressive-scan AVC videos, then you must use another (non-Vegas) video editing software package to render the AVC file before importing it into DVDA.

I am taking some of what I said in that post back.

Recently, I imported 1920x1080/60i AVCHD videos from one of my AVCHD Sony camcorders which had been "stitched" together in Vegas Pro 9.0c (using the Sony AVC 1920x1080 16 Mbps AVCHD template, which "smart rendered" all of those separate AVCHD clips without recompression) into DVD Architect 5.0b without chapter markers embedded in the resulting M2TS file, and guess what? The video did not need to be recompressed, though the audio had to be recompressed. And no error message popped up. The BD/AVCHD authoring project completed without any problems.

I am investigating whether part of this success is the result of my recent upgrade to a full 64-bit system running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional (I had been running 32-bit Windows Vista Home Premium on a 64-bit-capable system until recently)--yes, this is the exact same system which had been running 32-bit Vista that's now running 64-bit Windows 7 after an upgrade to a larger, 1TB hard drive from a 500GB hard drive. I'm also investigating the possibility of a switch from 32-bit Vegas to 64-bit Vegas making such a difference as well as the addition of the chapter markers making the resulting M2TS file non-compliant.

UPDATE: I still get the error message on AVCHD files with Vegas-inserted chapter markers embedded in the files. This means that for AVC BD or AVCHD DVD authoring using AVCHD files, I would not embed those pesky chapter markers in the files through the main Vegas program. Instead, I will insert chapter markers through DVD Architect when I author discs from AVCHD files. This actually makes sense since the entire Vegas suite was designed for MPEG-2/HDV first, AVC(HD) second.

Marius Boruch
January 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
yes, there is something wrong with chapter markers and Architect; whe I render in Vegas to avc and then import it in Architect the chapter markers disappear.