View Full Version : Medea G-Raid, FW800 drives, etc...

Josh Brusin
June 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM
Mulling... any opinions? SATA drives I'd guess would be better. Raided Firewires were for sh|7 as far as I could tell. They claim the hardware raid controller solves this (talked to Medea dude) anyone know f'sho? Any opinions on cheaper alt products like making this yourself?

Gelinas just scored. Glory.

Josh Brusin
June 13th, 2004, 03:56 PM
anyone get this yet? They supposedly startecd shipping this past week.

Harrison Murchison
June 13th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I'd like to see the G-RAID square off against the Lacie Big Disk Extreme.

Frankly neither companies website is much help merely quoting maximum FW transfer rates.

Josh Brusin
June 17th, 2004, 09:37 PM
big disk is a twin array too right?

Tim Borek
October 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM
I've moved this to the PC forum. Sorry.

(Moderator: Please delete this message.)

Shane Ross
October 15th, 2005, 02:04 AM
I have two G-raid 500GB drives, and use them for editing 8-bit uncompressed and DVCPRO HD footage. Thus far they are rock solid. I tout them everywhere I post. And because I once knocked LaCie (intended as tongue in cheek) on the Apple Forums, the VP of sales at LaCie asked me to test the LaCie Big Disk Extremes and compare them to the G-Raids in terms of performance. I said sure, but have yet to receive them.

I knock LaCie because it seems at least once a week someone posts how their LaCie drives crapped out, or died, or were suddenly not recognized and that they either needed to be reformatted or were just plain dead. Not one word about the G-Raids ever doing that.

If and when they send me the drives, I will test them and post my results at www.lfhd.net