View Full Version : Lost wide-angle lens hood

Mark ONeill
June 7th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Hey, I'm in the Army Reserves. I'm in Iraq, shooting a documentary of my experience and the experience of my fellow reservits -- while being shot at.

Whipping down the highway, I lost the lense hood to my wide-angle lens and the lens cap. The area was hot so I did not want to go back and get it.

Do you have any idea where I could get a lens hood for a GL-2? I can always hold my hand over the wide-angle lens. But, that gets old. Anyone out there break their wide-angle and end-up with an extra lens hood?

I'd pay you for it.

I have to use a plastic bag and rubber band for my lens cap.

On the whole, the project is going all right. It will be unconentional. I think I learn a lot by actually being in the Army, rather than being a reporter or documentarian.

Thanks.

--Mark

mark_r_oneill@hotmail.com

Trond Saetre
June 7th, 2004, 04:58 AM
You should be able to get a new lens hood from an authorized Canon dealer. (ex B&H - www.bhphotovideo.com)

Lens hood for the wideangle lens WD-58:
Canon part #0034T605

Christian Van Horn
June 7th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Mark, I'd love to see the film you are making. Let me know if you'd like input, or if you self distribute and you wanna sell one.

Contact me at: nomasfilms@comcast.net

I'll start searching for a hood and cap for you. Keep your head down, Chris

Jeffery Patch
June 7th, 2004, 05:24 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Christian Van Horn : Mark, I'd love to see the film you are making. Let me know if you'd like input, or if you self distribute and you wanna sell one.

Contact me at: nomasfilms@comcast.net

I'll start searching for a hood and cap for you. Keep your head down, Chris -->>>

I second this. I'd love to see any footage you take over there.