View Full Version : Question about Still Shooting

Joe Cirino
June 10th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Ok, I wanted to ask before I go looking for the manual.

If I am shooting DV and wanted to take a picture, do I always have to switch to card mode? OR can I just continue shooting DV and have the still go right to the card without interupting the video?

Thanks and if so, how.

Joe

Aaron Koolen
June 10th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Joe, no you can't do both, you have to switch the little switch just above the record button to change modes.

Aaron

Joe Cirino
June 10th, 2004, 10:56 PM
do I have to stop the video recording first? Or can I just switch and back to video?

Thanks

Ken Tanaka
June 10th, 2004, 11:04 PM
The tape will automatically stop if you switch to the card.

Graham Bernard
June 10th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Er . . . not quite the same quality . .but why not steal a STILL from the footage from within your NLE? A short 2 second burst will give you what you want? . . . I often do this . .It becomes a seemless part of my video project back at the edit deck . . only a though . .

Isn't there also a way of previewing video footage and have "stills" transported internally to the card . .Or am I incorrect?

Grazie

Joe Cirino
June 11th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks Ken!

Graham, I hope this is possible...anyone?

Graham Bernard
June 11th, 2004, 12:27 AM
I think I must have been thinking of Title Mix. This allows one to "bring" into your movie a Title stored on the Card . .not the way i was thinking .. HOWEVER, I often just plug my Cammie into the pc firewire, allow wndoze see the cammie; click on it in Exploder [ explorer!]; allow windows to initialize it and you've got access to the tape. Play the tape and you've got a a previewing window which you can "stop" at . .take a picture and repeat .. Go > Save Pictures and you get a place where to store your stills from the tape/video .. Neat eh?

Thenall yah need to do is make sure you've got enough ink in yopur trusty ole Deskjet, or whtaever, and some glossy hoto paper in your printer tray and hit print! You've got yer own Photo Print works!

. . beast the pants of cards and readers . .don't yer think?

Grazie