View Full Version : Is there such a thing?

Joe Cirino
June 12th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I was out today shooting a Powerboat Poker Run race and didn't think that I would get caught in the rain. No biggie...managed to garbage bag my way out of it...

Is there such a cover/bag/case that will protect the GL2 while I shoot in rain or spray?

Thanks

Ken Tanaka
June 12th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Porta Brace and Kata both make rain covers for the GL2.

Joe Cirino
June 12th, 2004, 09:44 PM
thanks again Ken

Alex T. Hurter
June 13th, 2004, 10:50 AM
What about home made rain covers? Does anyone know anything about making one?

Joe Cirino
June 13th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I considered this, but after you buy the materials, design the cover to fit so that you have access to the controls, and build it, you have over 3 hours involved and about $50 into it. You may as well just buy it for $150. I think for the price and what it is intended to protect, I don't want to chance it. ;-)

Although, if you are good at sewing and design, you may actually build something better...

Alex T. Hurter
June 13th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Well I'm thinking about something that is maybe not for long term use but if you happen to need one since you are unexpectedly shooting outdoors and it rains. You said you "garbage bagged" yours, what did you do?

Joe Cirino
June 13th, 2004, 03:02 PM
wrap garbage bag around unit and duct taped around lense (WD58 WA Housing) seam so that water could not trickle in.

Evan Kubota
June 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM
A garbage or plastic bag actually works fairly well if you don't mind limited control access.