View Full Version : GL2 and FW 800 issues

Alan Tran
June 22nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
So I have a GL2 and for hte past few months I've captured either straight to my powerbook or an external fw 400 lacie drive. I recently got a Lacie fw 800 drive. So i try to capture with that drive mounted and it freezes everything, imovie, final cut pro, etc. So I went to an Apple store to test it and it froze other machines when my hardrive was plugged in. I plugin a different camera (some sony 1 chipper) captures fine, i plugin another GL2, captures fine.

What do you think I should do?

Miguel Lombana
June 22nd, 2004, 09:53 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Alan Tran : So I have a GL2 and for hte past few months I've captured either straight to my powerbook or an external fw 400 lacie drive. I recently got a Lacie fw 800 drive. So i try to capture with that drive mounted and it freezes everything, imovie, final cut pro, etc. So I went to an Apple store to test it and it froze other machines when my hardrive was plugged in. I plugin a different camera (some sony 1 chipper) captures fine, i plugin another GL2, captures fine.

What do you think I should do? -->>>

Ebay, let it become someone else's problem! No really, call the manufacturer that's what they are there for, they may have you ship them the drive for repair and just replace it with a new one, they may offer a driver update, you never know until you call them.

Alan Tran
June 22nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
its not my drive though
its my camera. i was just wondering if anyone has had this problem before?
i am tempted just to sell my camera because honestly this probelm doesnt apply to 90% of the world.