View Full Version : Where to buy gl-2

Barry Goyette
July 23rd, 2002, 11:06 AM
I'm sitting here tapping my foot waiting for the UPS driver to show up with my Gl2, so I thought I'd relay to anyone interested where I got mine.

I typically consult www.pricegrabber.com for pricing and dealer rating info, but initially a decided to check with zotz digital, which I believe is a sponsor of this site. Their price was the best I found initially... $2600 with no sales tax....so I intended to go with them. Right before I ordered, I checked pricegrabber and found bestpriceaudiovideo.com had it priced at $2299
+ $14 to ship.

Now, I think I'm an expert at recognizing the lowball-slimeball merchants that seem to populate the web (and certain parts of NYC), but this place didn't fit the profile...96 reviews on pricegrabber and only one negative...all others were glowing.

I'll tell you that I have never had a better experience. Great price, in stock, nice guy named Chris took my order over the phone, sent me an email 10 minutes later confirming everything, and, as promised, my tracking number came the next day.

No pressure...in fact, when chris did ask if I needed any extra batteries, and I declined, he deadpanned.. "I'm happy to let you know that won't affect the "in stock" status on your camera.

Here's the link

http://www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com/products/product_detail.asp?Inventory=1873&Class=113

Barry

normbaits
July 23rd, 2002, 11:29 AM
Excellent to see another dealer with a good price on the GL2. I found a similar deal at www.videodirect.com and have read reviews on them from resellerratings and they have gotten some favorable reviews. Has anyone else delt with videodirect.com? Bestpriceaudiovideo.com sounds like a viable alternative.

Ken Tanaka
July 23rd, 2002, 11:41 AM
Video Direct's site actually has a very thorough and concise summary of th GL2's features at:

http://www.videodirect.com/canon/digcc/gl2.html

It's better than Canon's own site, IMO.

normbaits
July 23rd, 2002, 12:11 PM
They do indeed have a very indepth project info sheet, even with diagrams that I had not seen before, like the pixel shift technology. Have you had any experience with them Ken?

Ken Tanaka
July 23rd, 2002, 10:36 PM
No, I've never used Video Direct. Your post led me to peek at them.

I have, however, purchased from Zotz, one our sponsors mentioned by Barry. They are really fine folks out there in the rainy zone. They deliver what they promise and, like all of our sponsors, are really interested in treating their customers well. (For the record, I was a Zotz customer long before my affiliation with this site.)

Joshua Wachs
July 24th, 2002, 11:44 AM
FYI... these guys are canon authorized. I confirm it with Canon. They are actually a company called "Nirav Corporation dba bestpriceaudiovideo" and Canon blessed them.

I ordered the GL2 today.

Chris Hurd
July 24th, 2002, 12:50 PM
DV Info Net Community Sponsors who sell the GL2:

Zotz Digital
ZGC
Pro-Tape

Contact info at www.dvinfo.net > Sponsors.

I strongly urge dealing only with the sponsors of these boards. I know them all personally and stand by their excellent reputations. Their prices are as good as you'll find anywhere, and you'll be helping to support this community, which is here to serve you.

Thanks everyone -- out of respect and fairness for my site sponsors, I'm now locking this thread. Please understand that the dealers who sponsor this site are the financial supporters of this forum. I chose them only because of their excellent pricing and customer service. You won't find a better deal anywhere else.

Much respect,