View Full Version : How is the GL2 in very hot situations?

Jason Casey
July 9th, 2004, 12:22 PM
I will be taping a concert at the NASCAR Race in Chicago this weekend. It's supposed to be in the upper 80's and very humid...I'd imagine the temp on the track will be much higher than that, possibly in the upper 90's to 100.

Anything I need to be worried about?

Ken Tanaka
July 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Hello Jason,
In general, try to keep the camera mostly in the shade even if you have to make your own shade. Excessive heat can create visual noise.

Also be -most- careful of bringing the camera into a cool, air conditioned space after a long period in our hot, muggy summer air. Moisture will condense inside the camera and make some nasty problems for you.

Enjoy that race at the Chicago Motor Speedway.

Pete Bauer
July 9th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Good advice from Ken. Nevertheless, my GL2 and I spent a whole hot, muggy afternoon shooting a bikini contest at a beach club a couple weeks ago. No problems at all.

AND DON'T ASK ME TO SEND FOOTAGE!!! ;-)~
(But if you guys are all really nice to me, you might see some short clips at XtreemModel.com in a few days).

You might try bringing a plain white cotton towel or large 'kerchief to drape over the camera if you might be caught out in the sun between shots. You can just tuck the towel in a pocket when you're ready to shoot.

Jason Casey
July 9th, 2004, 02:13 PM
And I thought filming at the nascar event would be cool....I need to get some more gigs like you :)